Full Living: Psychotherapy Practice
- Exclusively Seasoned Clinicians
- Relational Psychodynamic Clinical Services
- Offering Individual, Couples, Family and Group Therapies
- Servicing Adults, Children and Teens
- Specializing in Coordinated Clinical and Referral Services
- Providing Services though-out the city and surrounding neighborhoods
- Culturally Competent and LGBTQI Knowledgeable Clinicians
Full Living is prepared to meet your needs with a full range of modalities,
including individual, couples, family and group therapies. We are able to
assist in coordinating Psychiatric services, Psychological testing, and referral
services for other needs including Nutritional Counseling, EMDR treatment,
Full Living works exclusively with seasoned clinicians designed to ensure
high quality of services. Our clients receive a free initial consultation with our
Founder/Director, Karen Smith, MSS, LCSW, in order for her to connect them
with well-matched clinician(s), whom she personally selects and supervises.
consultation, peer supervision, and case collaboration. When more than one
member of a family is engaged in therapy with Full Living, our clinicians
work collaboratively to provide integrated, informed services.
Full Living clinicians have offices throughout the city and surrounding
suburbs to best facilitate a convenient location for services.
People enter therapy for a variety of reasons.
Beyond the concrete, many come to therapy to help them understand:
- what ails us as we lay awake in the middle of the night
- unexplained defensiveness when talking to our boss
- general feelings of stress without identifiable causes
- exasperation when dealing with our children
- repetitive fights with a partner
- feelings of hopelessness that surface unexpectedly in the day
- angry outbursts that hurt our relationships
- feelings the of loss of control
- behaviors we have tried to eliminate in our life but keep driving us to action
- disparaging thoughts about ourselves and our lives
About our Founder/Director and Establishing Full Living:
Ms Smith has maintained a full-time private practice for nearly 20 years. Early in her work she identified the value of collaborating with other clinicians to discuss theories and approaches to work with clients, and the value of having more than one clinician engaging the same client or client system. While many outpatient therapists find themselves working in isolation, Ms. Smith has spent the past two decades participating in and running biweekly study and supervisions groups. These groups have created a team of clinicians who cross-refer clients when appropriate, and have given us opportunities to discuss cases as a team.
Because of her years as a national educator on issues related Eating Disorders, and more recently, educating other therapists on enriching their work with analytic theory, Ms Smith found herself routinely getting more referrals than her practice could handle. Rather than simply referring them out to other clinicians, she decided to create a small group practice so she could offer a source for reliable psychotherapy services.